Hallberg Rassy Rasmus 35

Hallberg Rassy Rasmus 35
An Old Classic

Wednesday, November 23, 2011

Anchoring System

I used Euan's idea of directing the anchor chain around the windlass and back forward, entering the chain locker from the hatch.  I raised my windlass up 2.5 inches off the deck and placed a small roller in front of the hawse pipe mounted on the hatch.  It works really smooth with not a hangup anywhere.  Thanks for the great idea Euan!  I'll post some pictures soon.  I also just finished installing 3 bilge pumps, one smaller 1100 gal/min primary, one 3800 gal/min secondary(just in case the primary is overwhelmed. It is mounted 3 inches off the bilge floor) and one manual with the handle located in the cockpit.  I'll post some pics of that setup as well soon. 
Happy Holidays
Pat

1 comment:

Cabatach said...

glad you like it. Sometimes the simple ideas are the best.